ARBS INDUSTRY AWARDS
RECOGNISING ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE AIR CONDITIONING, REFRIGERATION AND BUILDING SERVICES INDUSTRY
The ARBS Industry Awards recognise excellence for personal achievement, outstanding products, projects, service and education in the Australian HVAC&R and Building Services industry.
THE ARBS INDUSTRY AWARD CATEGORIES
- Young Achiever Award
- Project Excellence Award
- Product Excellence Award
- Software/Digital Excellence Award
- Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award
Scroll down for award details
WHY ENTER THE ARBS INDUSTRY AWARDS?
We’re introducing fabulous new benefits for all finalists which include:
- One complimentary ticket to the gala dinner on Wednesday 29 May at the ICC Ballroom
- Nationwide exposure across all our social media channels
- A profile of you and/or your organisation in our electronic newsletter, reaching 24,000+ industry subscribers
- A dedicated page for each awards category on the ARBS website, showcasing your achievements with images, logos and hyperlinks
The Awards Dinner attracts all the major players from every discipline and specialty of the industry sector. The advantages of being nominated are numerous and include:
- Achieve recognition – above and beyond your immediate professional circle and be noticed by respected industry leaders for your positive contribution to the HVAC&R and Building Services industry.
- Highlight your company or business – improve brand awareness and promote your products or services to influential leaders and decision makers.
- Enhance your reputation – these coveted awards provide a vehicle to differentiate your business from competitors and act as a 3rd party endorsement for your company.
- Reward your team – motivate employees by involving them in the entry process and celebrate your success together with the industry at the Awards Dinner.
- Media exposure – Exposure to the industry through media, social and website coverage is invaluable. The finalists and winners will feature in a national media campaign, including print ads, social media, targeted emails, and will forever be featured on the award year page of the ARBS website.
Entry into the ARBS Industry Awards is free. All finalists and winners are supplied with official ARBS Awards logos for use on website, signage and promotional collateral.
Click HERE to submit your nomination via the online portal.
THE ARBS INDUSTRY AWARDS CATEGORIES
Young Achiever Award
Are you or someone you know an exceptional talent aged between 20-40? We’re seeking those who have made remarkable contributions to the industry, showing promise of future leadership, demonstrating drive, commitment, and enterprise. Beyond professional duties, we value personal achievements that stand out and go above the expectations of paid work. Nominations are welcomed from companies, individuals, and educational establishments, across fields such as engineering, service/maintenance/installation, sales & marketing, and design. Here’s your chance to honour a rising star in the industry.
Project Excellence Award
If you’ve been part of a project that showcases innovation and sustainability, we want to hear about it. This award recognises projects that have made significant strides in environmental sustainability, including energy efficiency, indoor air quality, noise control, water conservation, and carbon emissions. Along with sustainability, the project must demonstrate commercial viability, proving enhanced lifecycle costs and end-user benefits. Nominations are welcome from any involved company, such as designers, installers, or commissioning firms. Eligible projects include new systems, retrofit projects, or extensions commissioned within the last three years.
Product Excellence Award
If you’ve introduced new technology or reinvented existing technology that offers fresh, practical solutions, we want to celebrate your ingenuity. Commercial success and positive feedback from end users or consumers will significantly enhance the nomination. The Product Excellence Award will recognise achievements in two distinct categories: HVAC and refrigeration.
Whether it’s a fully operational product, a component part, or a mechanical aid, we’re interested in learning about your innovative offerings. Please note, the product must have been released to the Australian market and operational within the industry within the past five years.
Software/Digital Excellence Award
Our Software/Digital Excellence Award was created to recognise groundbreaking software or digital solutions, including the use of IoT, that enhance business operations and customer experience. If your innovation has led to commercial success and received positive reviews from end users or consumers, we’re excited to hear about it.
This award welcomes a broad range of digital innovations, including digital devices, Building Control and Management Systems (BCMS), computer software, controls, property technology, or service-related tools, among others. Please note, the product must have been released to the Australian market and operational within the industry within the past five years.
Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award
The Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award is designed to acknowledge exceptional contributions to training, education, and leadership within the HVAC&R and building services sectors. If you’ve made significant strides in developing and implementing impactful education or training, leading to long-term benefits such as improved productivity or profit increase, we want to celebrate your achievement.
We’re looking for detailed information about course development and design, whether theoretical or practical, and solid evidence demonstrating the training’s ongoing positive effect. Please note, entries will be judged on their contribution to the industry, not their size. Open to individuals, institutions, or companies, this award includes undergraduate and postgraduate training, technical, managerial, or internal training. Providers can self-nominate or be nominated by others. The training must be delivered in Australia.
The Industry Hall of Fame Award
The Industry Hall of Fame stands out among the ARBS awards by honouring the outstanding contributions of long serving participants. Nominations are received solely from ARBS member associations. This category embodies the exceptional commitment of an individual towards their association’s activities.
- Entries open: Tuesday 1 August 2023
- Entries close: 5pm Friday 17 November 2023. If an extension is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Award Finalists revealed: early to mid March 2024
- Award Winners Announced: at the Gala Dinner on Wednesday 29th May 2024
HOW TO ENTER
- Download the selection criteria & instructions
- Submit your entry via the online portal HERE
- It is not mandatory to answer all questions in the selection criteria if some are not relevant to your application, however, keep in mind they are designed to address the judging criteria
- Uploaded evidentiary and supporting materials must not exceed more than 5MB
- Entrants may apply for multiple categories, however, separate nomination forms must be completed. Previous entrants who did not receive an ARBS Industry Award are eligible to re-enter if the product or project is still relevant (conditions apply).
- Receipt of all entries will be confirmed by email
- Nominations open Tuesday 1 August 2023 and close at 5pm Friday 17 November 2023. If an extension is required, please contact email@example.com.
This collaborative national Awards initiative is fully endorsed by the major HVAC&R industry associations of:
- AIRAH – Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning & Heating
- AMCA – Air Conditioning & Mechanical Contractors Association
- AREMA – Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturers Association
- ARWA – Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Wholesalers Association
- CIBSE – Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (ANZ)
- RACCA – Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Contractors Association