A new energy rating label has been introduced by the Federal Government for all air conditioners which will be mandatory from 1 April 2020. This label will apply to all new models and also portable air conditioners.
The Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (GEMS) Regulator has invited air conditioner retailers and installers to attend a free information session on the new Zoned Energy Rating Label (ZERL). Sessions are two hours in duration and will cover topics including the expanded detail in the new label and the transition details including regulated requirements. Information will also be presented on hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) phase down.
Events are scheduled as follows:
- Canberra – Thursday 22 August
- Brisbane – Monday 2 September
- Sydney – Tuesday 3 September
- Melbourne – Wednesday 4 September
- Hobart – Thursday 5 September
- Perth – Tuesday 17 September
- Adelaide – Wednesday 18 September
For further information and to book a session visit: http://www.energyrating.gov.au/ACInfoSessions